WP_Query Object ( [query] => Array ( [category_name] => news ) [query_vars] => Array ( [category_name] => news [error] => [m] => [p] => 0 [post_parent] => [subpost] => [subpost_id] => [attachment] => [attachment_id] => 0 [name] => [static] => [pagename] => [page_id] => 0 [second] => [minute] => [hour] => [day] => 0 [monthnum] => 0 [year] => 0 [w] => 0 [tag] => [cat] => 54 [tag_id] => [author] => [author_name] => [feed] => [tb] => [paged] => 0 [meta_key] => [meta_value] => [preview] => [s] => [sentence] => [title] => [fields] => [menu_order] => [embed] => [category__in] => Array ( ) [category__not_in] => Array ( ) [category__and] => Array ( ) [post__in] => Array ( ) [post__not_in] => Array ( ) [post_name__in] => Array ( ) [tag__in] => Array ( ) [tag__not_in] => Array ( ) [tag__and] => Array ( ) [tag_slug__in] => Array ( ) [tag_slug__and] => Array ( ) [post_parent__in] => Array ( ) [post_parent__not_in] => Array ( ) [author__in] => Array ( ) [author__not_in] => Array ( ) [ignore_sticky_posts] => [suppress_filters] => [cache_results] => [update_post_term_cache] => 1 [lazy_load_term_meta] => 1 [update_post_meta_cache] => 1 [post_type] => [posts_per_page] => 10 [nopaging] => [comments_per_page] => 50 [no_found_rows] => [order] => DESC ) [tax_query] => WP_Tax_Query Object ( [queries] => Array (  => Array ( [taxonomy] => category [terms] => Array (  => news ) [field] => slug [operator] => IN [include_children] => 1 ) ) [relation] => AND [table_aliases:protected] => Array (  => wp_12_term_relationships ) [queried_terms] => Array ( [category] => Array ( [terms] => Array (  => news ) [field] => slug ) ) [primary_table] => wp_12_posts [primary_id_column] => ID ) [meta_query] => WP_Meta_Query Object ( [queries] => Array ( ) [relation] => [meta_table] => [meta_id_column] => [primary_table] => [primary_id_column] => [table_aliases:protected] => Array ( ) [clauses:protected] => Array ( ) [has_or_relation:protected] => ) [date_query] => [post_count] => 10 [current_post] => -1 [in_the_loop] => [comment_count] => 0 [current_comment] => -1 [found_posts] => 12 [max_num_pages] => 2 [max_num_comment_pages] => 0 [is_single] => [is_preview] => [is_page] => [is_archive] => 1 [is_date] => [is_year] => [is_month] => [is_day] => [is_time] => [is_author] => [is_category] => 1 [is_tag] => [is_tax] => [is_search] => [is_feed] => [is_comment_feed] => [is_trackback] => [is_home] => [is_404] => [is_embed] => [is_paged] => [is_admin] => [is_attachment] => [is_singular] => [is_robots] => [is_posts_page] => [is_post_type_archive] => [query_vars_hash:WP_Query:private] => 5afa8bc4e501a5c3a11aeb59727866f7 [query_vars_changed:WP_Query:private] => [thumbnails_cached] => [stopwords:WP_Query:private] => [compat_fields:WP_Query:private] => Array (  => query_vars_hash  => query_vars_changed ) [compat_methods:WP_Query:private] => Array (  => init_query_flags  => parse_tax_query ) [tribe_is_event] => [tribe_is_multi_posttype] => [tribe_is_event_category] => [tribe_is_event_venue] => [tribe_is_event_organizer] => [tribe_is_event_query] => [tribe_is_past] => [request] => SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_12_posts.ID FROM wp_12_posts LEFT JOIN wp_12_term_relationships ON (wp_12_posts.ID = wp_12_term_relationships.object_id) WHERE 1=1 AND ( wp_12_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (54) ) AND wp_12_posts.post_type = 'post' AND (wp_12_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_12_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled') AND wp_12_posts.id NOT IN (SELECT post_id FROM wp_12_wpfront_ure_post_type_permissions WHERE role IN ('wpfront-guest-role-1') AND enable_permissions = 1 AND has_read = 0 GROUP BY post_id HAVING COUNT(*) = 1) GROUP BY wp_12_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_12_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 10 [posts] => Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 1698 [post_author] => 85 [post_date] => 2017-02-17 09:45:46 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-02-17 14:45:46 [post_content] => view the GBS Morning Show [post_title] => Friday, February 17, 2017 [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => friday-february-17-2017 [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-02-17 09:45:46 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-02-17 14:45:46 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://gbs.convalsd.net/?p=1698 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 1679 [post_author] => 85 [post_date] => 2017-02-08 10:48:50 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-02-08 15:48:50 [post_content] => [gallery ids="1676,1675,1674,1672" columns="4" link="file" size="medium"] [post_title] => Winter Slam Champions!!! [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => winter-slam-champions [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-02-08 11:29:08 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-02-08 16:29:08 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://gbs.convalsd.net/?p=1679 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 1515 [post_author] => 85 [post_date] => 2016-12-05 11:02:16 [post_date_gmt] => 2016-12-05 16:02:16 [post_content] => *click 'READ MORE' to see all of the announcements
- SPIRIT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK - MONDAY IS 'MATCHING MONDAY' TUESDAY IS 'WACKY DAY' WEDNESDAY IS 'SPORTS DAY' THURSDAY IS 'FANDOM DAY' AND FRIDAY IS COMFY DAY. GET IN THE SPIRIT BOBCATS!!!!
- 8th grade parents - Registration for freshman classes at ConVal is underway, your child will be bringing home a registration form for you to sign.
- Monday's play practice will be for scenes 7 and 10
- The GBS Variety Show is February 24th from 4:45-6:00 pm. We are looking for students who have fabulous talents such as, magic tricks, playing an instrument or slaying a magical dragon onstage. You can do an act with a group or a friend, you don't need to be by yourself. If you think you want to audition please sign up soon on the bulletin board across from Ms. Moncrief's door!
- The PTO is looking for students to collect, count and sort BOX TOPS. This is a great way to earn community service hours! Sign up in the office.
- Now's your chance , girls! Sign up today for the after school club 'Lab Girls', meetings are on Fridays from March 10th through April 21st. Work with high school girls and women scientists!
- Free movies at the Antrim Town Hall this Friday, February 17th - Trolls at 6:00 and The Eagle Huntress at 7:45.
- The ConVal Girls Lacrosse Team would like to invite middle school girls to get ready for spring with some indoor lacrosse open sessions. The practices will be held at the Peterborough Community Center on Wednesday, February 22nd from 5:00-6:30 pm. Members of the ConVal Girls Lacrosse team will be there to assist with drills and to participate with players.
- Francestown Elementary is hosting a Family Reading Night on Thursday, March 16th from 5:30-7:30 pm. They are looking for 4 to 6 volunteers who live in Francestown to help set up and help with reading activities. See Mrs. Gourlay if you're interested.
- Avenue A is hosting a FREE cartooning and drawing workshop taught by students from New England College on Thursday, February 16th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. See Ms. Bando if you're interested!
- The advisory with the most Box Tops this month wins an ice cream party!! Thanks PTO!
- Costume Design - the field trip to Concord has been moved to tomorrow, 2/17!
- Mark your calendars! Please support Josh Fowler and his family by joining us for a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser in his honor on Monday, March 6th at ConVal High School from 5:00-7:30 pm. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children and under.
- This is a reminder! We are halfway through the school year and it is our expectation that you complete at least 10 hours of community service so, get out there and serve Bobcats! The green forms are on the wall by the office.
- After School Activities:
- Instrument lessons are on a week 1 schedule.
- Gymnastics is taking a mid-winter break! No practice until February! See Ms. Gillespie if you have any questions.
- Play practices, for The Hairyman, for the months of January and February are on Mondays and Thursdays right after school.
- The Snowriders program is on Tuesdays!! Please remember to come prepared! Parents need to sign their child out.
- Garden Club needs your help! They meet after school on Tuesdays by the library.
- Art Club meets on Tuesdays in Mrs. Bando's classroom right after school until the late bus at 4:15 pm.
- Gymnastics Club meets on Mondays and Wednesdays after school until the late bus at 4:15 pm. If you can't make it to every practice talk to Ms. Gillespie. Please wear comfortable clothes and bring a snack and water.
- Recycling Club meets on Thursdays after school in Mrs. Ellis's room. This is an excellent way to earn community service bobcats! This ends at 4:00 pm so be sure to make pick-up arrangements!
*click ‘READ MORE’ to see all of the announcements
- SPIRIT WEEK IS NEXT WEEK – MONDAY IS ‘MATCHING MONDAY’ TUESDAY IS ‘WACKY DAY’ WEDNESDAY IS ‘SPORTS DAY’ THURSDAY IS ‘FANDOM DAY’ AND FRIDAY IS COMFY DAY. GET IN THE SPIRIT BOBCATS!!!!
- 8th grade parents – Registration for freshman classes at ConVal is underway,
The Great Brook chess clubs meet weekly during lunch on Friday to match wits and share winning strategies. The 7th grade students pictured here compete to see which winner will be the grade-level chess champion!
GBS Snowriders will be going to Crotched Mountain on Tuesday afternoons from January 10, 2017 – February 7, 2017
We are pleased once again to be able to offer Great Brook Students the after school, LEARN TO SKI-SNOWBOARD PROGRAM at CROTCHED MOUNTAIN this year. This program provides your child with an excellent opportunity to enjoy a winter recreational activity that is chaperoned by teachers.
We are collecting gently used coats for the Coats for Kids Program. If you have coats to donate please put them in the big box outside the office.