April 26, 2021
Good Morning ConVal Community,
We were informed today of a case of COVID-19 at Great Brook School. We are actively working with and following guidelines from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). NH DHHS has requested we provide contact information for anyone who has been identified as having had close contact (within 3 feet for a total of 10 cumulative minutes or more, beginning 2 days prior to first illness onset or collection of positive test, whichever is earlier) with the infected person.
The staff and students of GBS have done a wonderful job of working within the mitigation strategies of our reopening plan. At this point there is no need to change our instructional model. Anytime a student or staff member is potentially exposed they receive a phone call from the appropriate building administrator.
The safety of our children, employees, and community is our top priority. To ensure your health and safety, we have been following CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. In addition, we should all take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with others. When outside your home, keep a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me at email@example.com.